Problem Downloading Maps

Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

hipster Chris
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Problem Downloading Maps

Post by hipster Chris » September 22nd, 2011, 6:51 pm

Hi im having problems downloading maps from the website and from cod when joining the cod jumper servers.

When i join a server and download a map the best download speed i get 14kb its the same when i try to download the maps from the website itself. i have tested my internet and its fine as well as downloading from other sites its fine to, have i done something to make codjumper cock block me, any help will be great :D

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Problem Downloading Maps

Post by F |Madness| U » September 22nd, 2011, 7:26 pm

For in-game downloading you have to make sure you have /cl_wwwdownload 1. This enabled you to download files from re-directs (normally having speeds of atleast 100kb/s). Not sure why you couldn't download it fast off the website though.
-

hipster Chris
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by hipster Chris » September 23rd, 2011, 2:31 am

yeah tried that still the same problem, i tried connecting to other cod jumper servers and it downloads the maps fine, will just have to stay away from this server and not DL from the site either

B4.
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by B4. » September 23rd, 2011, 11:10 am

It depends on if the server has a redirect download server setup,

If the server has not 1 then when you download off the game server alone and it will top out at 12-14kbs, and this is the reason server owners use redirect servers to increase the download speeds. They are an addon and may cost more for the owner.

It will have nothing to do with the players and their internet connection.

I have some ppl that join mine and start the download and then go to school, by the time they get home there has been a full map rotation and its all done. I have seen this even though i have a download redirect server running and getting 350+kbs.

1 other way around it is to either download the map files from here and place them in the mod and usermaps folders, but that is 1 map at a time and you will need to know what maps are on the rotaion.

You can also check your mods folder for double up of cj mods as most servers will name the mod folder slightly different as to stop redownloading every time you use another server, this will be only for the map .iwd files which can be copied across.

The usermap .ff files are a shared game resource and only need downloading once and the same files are used on any game server.

For the server owners these are the .cfg lines that are affected:
set sv_allowdownload "1" // Must be on to allow mods
seta sv_wwwDownload "1" // Enable download redirection
seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.<your redirect server>/Cod4" // Defines url to download from
seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0" // Disconnect clients while downloading
im having problems downloading maps from the website and from cod when joining the cod jumper servers.
You can not use the downloads section of this site as a redirect server, if that is whats happening? You will see the internet address of the downloads while they are trying to downloaded and if it says codjumper.com then that will be why.
You need to download them then unzip and place the files.

hipster Chris
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by hipster Chris » September 23rd, 2011, 2:39 pm

B4. wrote: You can not use the downloads section of this site as a redirect server, if that is whats happening? You will see the internet address of the downloads while they are trying to downloaded and if it says codjumper.com then that will be why.
You need to download them then unzip and place the files.
well when its downloading i get http://www.codjumper.com/servers/cod4/u ... tal/mp_por dont know if thats what you mean by that but i joined a german codjumper last night and the dl was fine done the whole map in seconds not 40mins like the brittish one