Talk about anything related with the servers

Moderator: Core Staff

Ryan
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

CoD4 Jump Server Suggestion

Post by Ryan » April 16th, 2008, 6:51 pm

hi guys

i asked a member of you about the following topic and i got advised to post it here, so i do it now.

what i wanted to ask is, could you please remove the map-voting from the servers? because if there's a map, the "noobs" cant do anything, but the "pros" love the map, then one noob keeps doing map-voting and then the other noobs press F1 and then they quickly voted in another map. and then it starts, one (or more) of the pros asks "you fuckers who of you noobs has voted this fuckin shit in?????????" (im sorry but it is like it is!) and then one of the noobs probably says "me" and then you have your argument! it mostly continues with abusing and ends with someone doing a kick-vote against the noob and then the noob gets kicked only because he voted another map in, though maybe others didnt want to change map!

and that happens often every day, there are also ppl who do map-voting, but this the whole game and if the map they want got voted in, someone else or themselves if they are fools does the same again with another map and the map changing goes on and on and on and never stops!

so i'd suggest to remove the map-voting from the options there, but stay the kick-voting since there are often blockers, or guys who are being nooby and are standing in the way (=blocking) without they know it or guys who shoot you none-stop or flash-nade-throwers and so on...!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: CoD4 Jump Server Suggestion

Post by Drofder2004 » April 17th, 2008, 1:27 am

It's a lose lose situation.

Some people want to change the map, some dont...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Ryan
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Ryan » April 17th, 2008, 2:18 pm

thats why im suggesting this, i mean if you play a map and cant do a jump maybe cause of your FPS are too little, then tehre comes a map you love and hwere you can do a lot of jumps and then they just vote another map in! thats not good and there are many arguments about this!

so i'd suggest to remove it and just play every single map its time limit till the next map comes :D

thanks

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 17th, 2008, 5:16 pm

When I was still regulary on the CoD2 jump servers playing a few maps in a row. There was a vote and it got changed to the next map because people couldn't do the map while I could, was almost at the end and a map change comes. You gotta deal with it, it's been like that for ages.

I rotated the map because I got sick of people voting for ultra gap training just to get into the secret room to piss people off. Was quite fun tbh.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Ryan
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Ryan » April 21st, 2008, 5:07 pm

well, at least i see that the ammo has been removed, thats good because then there were many arguments about this, the only thing that is negative in this case is, that if someone is standing near you and asks where to jump now, you cant shoot where he has to land, but lets just leave out the criticisms, its better :wink:

but if you wanna hear a improvement suggestion then i'd say if it was possible to make endless ammo then do it but only with the option that you can shoot, but you can shoot your teammate/opponent a thousand times and he wont notice it, but if its too complicated then leave it :wink:

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 21st, 2008, 5:37 pm

I believe in CoD2 only pistols had ammo.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol