[Suggestion] 1 Rar for 1 Map

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

[Suggestion] 1 Rar for 1 Map

Post by Moustache » October 24th, 2008, 10:01 am

My pc has crashed a few days ago, so i lost all my downloaded CoD4 jump files from codjumper :S
I came up with an solution: can you make 1 rar file per map and place all the jumps, bounces and nade throws in it of that map. So then you don't have to download all files 1 by 1.
Does something like this already excist or not? And do you guys think it is an good idee?
(I'm sorry if my English isn't verry good)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [Suggestion] 1 Rar for 1 Map

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 24th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Yeh, in short, too much hassle.

Good point though. Always welcome :)
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: [Suggestion] 1 Rar for 1 Map

Post by Moustache » October 24th, 2008, 12:35 pm

KillerSam wrote:There are some issues with this from a 'site' point of view:
firstly - we can't auto update the rars for each map when a demo is added.
secondly - every time we update we have to upload a much larger file (the rar) and we end up hosting the same files twice.
thirdly - people will be downloading demos that they do not want or need (uncool for bandwidth e.t.c)
firtsly - I know, but you can update it for excemple every 2 or 3 months. And there won't come a lot of updates anymore for some maps (backlot, ambush, bloc, etc)
secondly - I thaught about that to. But then you just can upload youre files some where else (megaupload, rapidshare, filefactory) and post the link to it on this site.
thirdly - Same as the second.

Just see it like the vids you created and posted on youtube. Now you create an rar file with all the demos in it and host in on a file dump site.