Shoutbox

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Pedsdude » April 22nd, 2010, 4:01 pm

I was against having the shoutbox in the first place (and so are others), so I think it's best to have it at the bottom where it doesn't interfere with people who aren't interested.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 22nd, 2010, 6:12 pm

Yes, i pretty much never post in there but i'm not against it or anything. It doesn't bother me, i just don't read it :P.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 23rd, 2010, 3:16 am

It's all about whenever you want the shoutbox to be used and read more or not, if you do top page is where it should be but since you made it obviously clear that you don't care about it being used and read so it doesn't matter.
I just think it is a bit useless having it at all since it is at the bottom and nobody uses it to chat instantly but rather the 'topic way', just look at the times of each messages, like 1 to 5 hours between each.
Last edited by Lancast on April 23rd, 2010, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 23rd, 2010, 3:21 am

Could there be a way in forum preferences to set where you want the shoutbox to be on on the page?
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 23rd, 2010, 11:27 am

I think it's beyond the capabilities of Mr. KillerSam (and myself, for that matter).
Lancast wrote:I just think it is a bit useless having it at all since it is at the bottom and nobody uses it to chat instantly but rather the 'topic way', just look at the times of each messages, like 1 to 5 hours between each.
It's at the bottom and some people use it, so I think it's fine as it is. It's only really there as a bit of fun rather than something serious that we want to build interest for.

Shinryu
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Shinryu » December 19th, 2010, 11:49 pm

It would appear that (for me) it can't be posted to from in a topic. I can only post to it from the forum index, otherwise it just says "No Database Selected" :(

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 20th, 2010, 12:16 am

Seems to work fine for me. Perhaps try clearing your cache and/or cookies.