CoD4 Incoming

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

De$t!ny
Past/Inactive Team Member

CoD4 Incoming

Post by De$t!ny » October 25th, 2007, 11:43 pm

As you probably know by now CoD4 is finally being released next week on 5th Nov for America and 9th Nov for Europe. After playing the SP demo I'm pretty certain I will be buying this game on release but just hope it doesn't disappoint like CoD2 and CoD3 (if that counts). Also, I believe there will be plenty of jumps to find in CoD4 since I didn't hear about anyone at CJ being employed by IW :)

One game which doesn't disappoint though is Portal which I waited a long time for. If you haven't already played this game then what else can I say except play it! I guarantee that anyone that enjoys jumping in CoD will enjoy this game. There are already custom maps made for the game which are very fun to play. I've even been thinking of making a Portal section here so give me some feedback on this idea.

On a final note I think it is time for CoDJumper to look for a few more CJ team members in preparation for CoD4 where I'm sure there will be a flood of demos. Look out for more news soon!

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: CoD4 Incoming

Post by Nightmare » October 26th, 2007, 12:02 am

De$t!ny wrote:One game which doesn't disappoint though is Portal which I waited a long time for. If you haven't already played this game then what else can I say except play it! I guarantee that anyone that enjoys jumping in CoD will enjoy this game. There are already custom maps made for the game which are very fun to play. I've even been thinking of making a Portal section here so give me some feedback on this idea.
Rock on! :D
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 26th, 2007, 12:09 am

Steam suck-up.

Gagarin
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Gagarin » October 26th, 2007, 7:11 am

I am surprised to such plenty of bugs in SP. In CoD 1 SP I found so little jumps and no one jump out of the map. Did not expect such from IW

If trusting hearings, Multiplayer developed one man only...

so, ready for jumping action :P

floater
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by floater » October 26th, 2007, 9:33 am

De$t!ny wrote: I've even been thinking of making a Portal section here so give me some feedback on this idea.
Yea it would be nice because the game is awesome and there is a map editor and custom maps so there are enough things to make at least 1 section for portal. :wink:

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » October 26th, 2007, 11:46 am

On a final note I think it is time for CoDJumper to look for a few more CJ team members in preparation for CoD4 where I'm sure there will be a flood of demos. Look out for more news soon!
*cough* *cough* ...*hiccup* *sneeze* *sneeze* *cough* *grunt* :D
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Wicker
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Wicker » October 26th, 2007, 11:47 am

Portal rocks! Can you tell me a few of the good maps? I want to get some but I know a lot of them will be rubbish... also click for hilarity :D

*edit* just noticed that link was already posted in another thread. Ah well, watch it again :D

De$t!ny

Post by De$t!ny » October 26th, 2007, 12:57 pm

great vid Wicker 8) I've been playing all of the portal custom maps that i've found so far and if the portal section goes ahead then the first thing i would do is upload the maps i feel are worth playing, since there are a lot of test maps out. if you want to try some of for yourself then two sites ive been using so far are http://www.portalmaps.net and http://www.thinkingwithportals.com. also you might want to try out the flash version of portal here http://www.armorgames.com/games/portalt ... _game.html

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » October 26th, 2007, 1:02 pm

KillerSam wrote:oh yea jimbo - I should add:
(although it still remains that a team member can suggest somebody for the role).
COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGHCOUGHCOUGH CANT YOU SEE ME COUGHING COUGH COUGH COUGH SNEEZE

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » October 26th, 2007, 1:55 pm

do u need a handkerchief?
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 26th, 2007, 4:10 pm

He needs a noose ;)

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » October 27th, 2007, 11:58 am

Lev!athan wrote:do u need a handkerchief?
NO -- COUGH COUGH I JUST --COUGH NEED --COUGH A --COUGH COUGH*passes out* *stops breathing* *slumped on floor *silence*.....

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 27th, 2007, 2:27 pm

Finally, we're free of him!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 27th, 2007, 5:37 pm

De$t!ny wrote:great vid Wicker 8) I've been playing all of the portal custom maps that i've found so far and if the portal section goes ahead then the first thing i would do is upload the maps i feel are worth playing, since there are a lot of test maps out. if you want to try some of for yourself then two sites ive been using so far are http://www.portalmaps.net and http://www.thinkingwithportals.com. also you might want to try out the flash version of portal here http://www.armorgames.com/games/portalt ... _game.html

Look for SS_OrangeBox, great puzzle map, very hard. Took a little while to solve butgreat fun.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

De$t!ny

Post by De$t!ny » October 27th, 2007, 9:20 pm

i didn't think SS_OrangeBox was all that, some of the jumps are pretty difficult but as a portal map it wasn't for me. ren_test2 (from thinkingwithportals) is by far the best portal map i've played so far just wait till u hit that certain button and u'll say "WTF!!!". portalparty1 and quake tribute are worth a mention too as well as a few others but i forget the names.