LowPings sponsored server IP changes

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

LowPings sponsored server IP changes

Post by Pedsdude » July 14th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Our two LowPings.net sponsored servers will be changing IP shortly. To accommodate this, we have approximately one week overlap between the new servers becoming available, and the old servers stopping.

The new IP addresses are as follows:

#1 (16 slots):
85.190.2.182:28960

Training (12 slots):
85.190.9.23:28960

We have taken the decision to change the Promod server to a training server, running mp_codjumper_training 24/7. In the near future, it will instead run a new map specifically made for gap record attempts (this will in effect become the official server for people to record demos of gap record attempts). This map is currently under construction, so expect news regarding it in the near future.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Re: LowPings sponsored server IP changes

Post by x0ozero0x » July 14th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Pedsdude wrote:new map specifically made for gap record attempts (this will in effect become the official server for people to record demos of gap record attempts).
I like this idea.
KillerSam wrote:update your xfire favourite server lists!
Will do.

Also is server #2 a donated server? What will happen to this if the promod server is turning into a training/record server? I don't know if it's just me but I've had downloading problems each time I try to join #2.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 14th, 2012, 10:56 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:Also is server #2 a donated server? What will happen to this if the promod server is turning into a training/record server? I don't know if it's just me but I've had downloading problems each time I try to join #2.
#2 is a donated server which I've been given full FTP / web admin access to, in order to run as I please (i.e. it's not really a donator in charge of it). I've been using this as a kind of beginner server, so it has the training maps on it, and a few jump maps of easy difficulty. If you have any suggestions then let me know.

I've experienced the same download difficulties with it in the past, I'll try and resolve these tomorrow (I managed to resolve it by manually downloading files, but obviously this isn't feasible for the long term).

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » October 3rd, 2012, 2:04 pm

time presses, Pedsdude and Killersam, time presses...

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » October 5th, 2012, 1:35 am

Pedsdude wrote:new map specifically made for gap record attempts (this will in effect become the official server for people to record demos of gap record attempts).
Who's making the map? It's gonna be amazing since it's taking so long.

not that I'm any better, mind you. :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 5th, 2012, 5:56 pm

I got mixed feedback on it, and have been very busy recently, so not much has happened with it.