Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 1st, 2010, 8:21 pm

Those are awesome! I'm sure they will be put to good use. Thanks! :D
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Assassin
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Updated Jump Maps Download Page

Post by Assassin » April 2nd, 2010, 2:37 am

The only problem I can see is that anyone that has submitted a map, you will need to xfire them and get a description for that map, but otherwise, very nice job.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 2nd, 2010, 3:02 am

Actually, the form you use when you submit a map in the Jump Maps section now has an area where you put your description. Problem solved.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 3rd, 2010, 3:22 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Stole my idea for the floating window thing!

Looks good.
I hadn't managed to find a version that I could successfully implement with php and mySQL, but fortunately that has now changed :)
MasterThomy wrote:Hi,

We have pics of most of the cod2 maps on our website, they're not actually loadscreens, more like pics of parts of the map or the whole map if it's smaller, you can browse from there if you'd like :)

http://users.atw.hu/codjumper/index.php?oldal=palyak
Cheers for that, I'll take a look :)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 3rd, 2010, 4:31 pm

New images added thanks to MasterThomy's link.

You can see which maps need images here:
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=cod
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=cod2
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=cod4
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=codwaw

If anyone has images for those maps then please post them in this topic and I'll add them.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 3rd, 2010, 4:35 pm

Pedsdude wrote:New images added thanks to MasterThomy's link.

You can see which maps need images here:
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=cod
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=cod2
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=cod4
http://codjumper.com/maps/image.php?game=codwaw

If anyone has images for those maps then please post them in this topic and I'll add them.
I can make some screenshots when i have more time.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 4th, 2010, 6:33 pm

I have now done another small update.

When you click on an author's name, if it's multiple authors then the new page shows maps made by not only both of them together, but each of them separately (i.e. if you go on CoD4 and click on 'KillerSam & Pedsdude' it'll take to you to page which shows maps by 'KillerSam', 'Pedsdude' and 'KillerSam & Pedsdude'). If you click on an individual's name then it shows all the maps they've been involved in (i.e. their maps plus maps they've made with other people).

I hope I made that pretty clear :P

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 4th, 2010, 6:44 pm

After looking on the page i understand what you did :P
That's a nice extra option indeed.

Also, i was talking to Zaitsev yesterday on xfire and he said he was thinking about making a walkthrough for every map but he wasn't sure if people were going to like it.
I think this will be very handy, i.e. when you press on mp_peds_propel the window pops up and the image of the loading screen is actually a video. So when you just start it up you see the starting image and when you click it to play the walkthrough starts.

This way you can get a clear look at the map before downloading it because just one little image won't give a very good impression.

Note: this is Zaitsev's idea, don't want people to think i'm stealing idea's here :P

Edit: i'm willing to help on this idea if neccessary.
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » April 4th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Walkthrough Idea:

I think the best would be walkthroughs as youtube videos. I don't think much people will watch a demo the whole time they are interested in special places and in a video you can easily seek up to there. So we can embed the video directly beneath the other map information.

And peds maybe you haven't read but I want a close button or a X in the top left corner. I think can get confused if the window opens there is no visible option to close it. I know you can click outside of it and it hides but I think it would be better to have such a button.
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 4th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Lev!athan wrote:Walkthrough Idea:I think the best would be walkthroughs as youtube videos. I don't think much people will watch a demo the whole time they are interested in special places and in a video you can easily seek up to there. So we can embed the video directly beneath the other map information.
That's what i mean.
Like the video window and the image window is in one window if you know what i mean. You will probally have to make the window for it a bit bigger then it is so far. Don't know if this is possible but it's better if it's not just a youtube link but the actuall video window is on the site.

If you don't understand tell me :P

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 4th, 2010, 8:06 pm

You want to help me with it Hoogie ? We could make this happen. I just need something to work on, and that idea just popped into my head when I tried new jump maps to sort out the ranking. Will be fun. And it's a little bit of advertising for the maps aswell.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 4th, 2010, 8:13 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:You want to help me with it Hoogie ? We could make this happen. I just need something to work on, and that idea just popped into my head when I tried new jump maps to sort out the ranking. Will be fun. And it's a little bit of advertising for the maps aswell.
Yes i will ;)
Can't do it this week tough. I'm having a testweek atm. Next week tuesday is the last one so we can start then :)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 4th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Youtube videos should be fine to embed into the popup window, so go for it and I'm happy to get the site-side of it working :)
Lev!athan wrote:And peds maybe you haven't read but I want a close button or a X in the top left corner. I think can get confused if the window opens there is no visible option to close it. I know you can click outside of it and it hides but I think it would be better to have such a button.
I did understand what you meant, but do you really think it's necessary? The first thing I would instinctively do if there was no close button is to click elsewhere - I find it highly unlikely that someone will end up closing the browser because they're confused. If you still reckon I should do it though, I can.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 5th, 2010, 12:25 am

I agree with Lev on this one, but only if it won't take an incredibly long amount of time.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 5th, 2010, 12:30 am

On the same boat.

Either add a 'x' to the small window or make it so the cursor changes to a symbol similar to an 'x'.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010