CoD4Jumper(beta) Mod Fix

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

CoD4Jumper(beta) Mod Fix

Post by Drofder2004 » January 8th, 2010, 3:50 am

I was just notified by Lancast (thank you) that the Vote Kick portion of the mod was broken and has now been fixed.
I have no idea how long this has been broken, but it proves my point about this community. I shall repeat:
IF YOU ENCOUNTER AN ERROR/BUG PLEASE REPORT IT TO AN ADMIN OR FORUM!

Can all server owners update their servers with the new mod.ff
As usual, you can get the mod from the Redirect: HERE (Save As)

Clients should wait for the servers to update and get it directly from the server to make sure they are running correct version.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: CoD4Jumper(beta) Mod Fix

Post by Lancast » January 11th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Works ok thanks.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » January 11th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Another bug: Forcing vote doesn't work from spectator.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 12th, 2010, 1:00 am

I take it you mean, as an admin you cannot force vote from spec?
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » January 12th, 2010, 8:17 am

Yes. One more thing, I dont know whenver this is bug or you wanted it to be like this, but when someone gets kicked, it temp bans that person for 1 hour, a bit cruel, sometimes someone might vote and people might press 1 without thinking and that person gets a 1 hour ban. What about a 5 min kick?

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » January 12th, 2010, 2:30 pm

I know people are stupid and inclined to press F1 to go along with the bunch before they think. But perhaps this will teach them. Because it could very well happen to themselves, they may just think before bashing their keyboards. That's my opinion.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 12th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Sadly they have given us only two commands, kick and ban. Kick is temp ban, where ban is perma.

Flash
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Flash » January 27th, 2010, 1:47 am

Hey Drofder i own CodJumper.com server #9 and i was wondering if you could send me a tutorial on how to make a mod or if you had any free time you could make me a mod xD all i need in the mod is the codjumper mod and 2 skins its kinda like the osg mod but not skin on rpg or oldschool but for the defult gun insted of the m9 a silver desert eagle with a skin on it and for admin gun a gold deagle with a skin on it or if you want to send me a tutorial please reply - Flash

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 27th, 2010, 2:30 am

to use your own skins, just modify the iwd and rename it to z_codjumper_flash.iwd
And make sure the server mod folder is codjumperflash.

You will also not be able to use our redirect for obvious reasons.

Flash
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Flash » January 27th, 2010, 9:33 pm

ok but how do i set the Silver Deagle as defult insted of the m9 and how do i set the Gold Deagle as the
admin gun ? - xFlashh

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 28th, 2010, 8:19 pm

The guns are built in, they cannot be changed. Maybe in a future mod, but at the moment, this is not a priority.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » February 21st, 2010, 10:49 pm

Dunno if you already know about this or not drofer, just informing you. I am writing this on behave of admin team of CJ11 as they dont speak English.
Your codjumper mod isn't fully compatible with linux. CJ11 - 85.232.244.24:28960 runs linux. There were few problems with the mod. 1, they had some trouble with the time, after every map rotation the mod would automatically set the time limit to 10min (even if the scr_dm_timelimit was at 30 or anything else), they figured that it was some bug to do with the 'extend time'. 2nd bug that they found is, you cant climb up some ladders with 125/250/333 fps. For example on mike_jump2 you need 40 fps to climb up a ladder, on mp_mountain only with 5 fps it was possible. I didn't believe that until I saw it, you just couldn't climb up the ladder, it kept blocking you, pushing you from down to up in 1 place. Not sure if the ladder bug is a issue with codjumper mod or just cod4 itself, but I'm sure that the time bug is to do with the mod, however they fixed it by adding to the server cfg cl_timelimit 30.
Just informing you.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 21st, 2010, 11:31 pm

Sorry, I do not run linux nor have I ever been informed of how a mod is affected by a linux set up.

The ladder related problem is either map or CoD4 related.
FPS and Ladders are engine scripted, I cannot do anything to them...

As for time limit:
Time limit should be set using "cj_timelimit" in configs.
This is so that the time is reset after map change.
Without this, the time is not correctly reset after each map.

Conclusion: Linux is not affected by mods, only engine.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » February 21st, 2010, 11:39 pm

That's strange, when I had my server I set the time using scr_dm_timelimit not cj_timelimit and everything was all right. The ladder bug is not map bug for sure as you can climb up normally on other servers(like cj1) so its probably engine.
But anyway, I was just informing you :P

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 21st, 2010, 11:50 pm

not a problem, if I ever get time, I will set up a linux server. I have plenty of old machines that could run them for testing, just not enough time or patience to do so.

I would suggest asking them to try and run the map using another mod to see if that solves anything?

--

If cj_timelimit is not found in the config, the mod creates it, equalling the dm_timelimit current value.
If the dm_timelimit is set to 10 when the server is FIRST run, the cj_timelimit becomes 10.
Now, everytime the time the map changes the cj_timelimit automatically sets the dm_timelimit back to 10.

Code: Select all

if(getDvar("cj_timelimit") == "") 									// If cj_timelimit is not set
	setDvar("cj_timelimit", getDvarInt("scr_dm_timelimit"));  // Create the DVAR using dm_timelimit value

setDvar("scr_dm_timelimit", getDvarInt("cj_timelimit")); 	 // Each map change, reset dm_timelimit to the value of cj_timelimit

This is to counter any extension of time.